I think you have to believe in art, love, and expression, because otherwise we live in a world of math and misplaced faith. Without imagination to temper reason there would be no innovation and without reason to temper imagination there would be no progress. Without love we are reproduction machines. We must be incorrect, incomplete, and innovative to our nature, in order to survive. We only display our emotions to each other because we are ritually taught it cures, cleanses, and assures. Even the most alienated have everything in common with the happiest. Life is a beautiful and harsh business with steep debts and only the occasional payoff. That’s the game. That’s why you have to believe in art, love, and expression, because otherwise — it’s just math, and the belief that maybe you’ll get paid.
- teenagedementia reblogged this from vaccerelli
- outerlimits reblogged this from vaccerelli
- flipsidereflections reblogged this from vaccerelli
- heartstringblog reblogged this from vaccerelli and added:
- heartstringblog likes this
- fromgeektochic said:Clearly you’ve never made love to an integral on a foggy day while the rates of change undulate in the background. You mathematical Philistine you!
- atticwindow likes this
- thegogglette likes this
- vaccerelli posted this